Homeopathic Journal :: Volume: 2, Issue: 10, Aug, 2009 (General Theme) - from Homeorizon.com
|Article Updated: Sep 02, 2009|
“In homeopathic practice it has been observed that in many cases it is difficult to achieve a good and rapid cure. There can be many reasons for this. An important reason is that a little known remedy is needed”.
Jan Scholten, MD
DESCRIPTION: The remedy is prepared from ovarian extract of sheep or cow. It is contains the follicular stimulating hormone (FSH), the estrogen and progesterone. It is a glycoprotein.
HISTORY AND AUTHORITY: E. Sealfed H.W. XXXII, 296, Clarke J.H., Dictionary of Practical M.M..
USES: It is a sarcode. It has been highly praised in the diseases of women following the excision of ovaries. Climacteric disturbances generally. Ovarian cysts. Cutaneous disorders and acne rosacea; at climacteric. Prurigo. Symptoms better during menses; may prove a keynote and relates to Zincum
It has been highly advocated in ailments after excision of the ovaries and in climacteric sufferings, especially those characterised by skin disorders, such as acne, prurigo etc.
In this connection it may as well be said of another sarcode Orchitinum that is the testicular extract.
This remedy properly speaking is the predecessor of the new endo-crine doctrine of inner secretions.
Orchitinum too has been advocated in climacteric sufferings and in premature senile decay and other disorders of the sexual system.
After excision of ovaries.
Climaxis : acne rosacea and other skin diseases.
Acne and seborrhoea in chlorotic women.
Symptoms better during the menses.
Suffering following excision of the ovaries.
* Climacteric disturbances generally.
* Ovarian cysts.
* Cutaneous disorders and acne rosacea.
- Compare: Orchitinum-Testicular Extract- (after ovariotomy, sexual weakness, senile decay).
- Low triturations.
- E. Saalfeld (quoted H. W., xxxii. 296), in view of Landau's observations on the effect of Ooph. on the nervous sufferings of women at the climacteric, gave Ooph. to women suffering from acne rosacea and other skin disorders of the climacteric.
- A woman, 20, after double oophorectomy had lichen-like eczema.
- This was greatly relieved by Oophorinum as well as the accompanying nervous symptoms and adiposity.
- He obtained good results also in some non-climacteric cases as :
- (1) Acne and seborrhoea in chlorotic women.
- (2) A case of prurigo, which had lasted from childhood in a woman of 26.
- In this case the itching was better for a short time after the period.
- This worse during menses may prove a keynote, and relates the remedy to Zinc
MIND - EXCITEMENT - menopause; during
MIND - EXCITEMENT - nervous
MIND - SENSITIVE - menopause; during
FACE - ERUPTIONS - acne – rosacea
STOMACH - NAUSEA - food - smell of – mutton (UNIQUE SYMPTOM)
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - ATROPHY - Ovaries
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - INFANTILISM; genital
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENOPAUSE
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES - clotted
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES – copious (Menorrhagia).
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES - frequent; too early.
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES - late, too
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES - short; too
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - SMALL for fetus; sensation as if uterus too
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - STERILITY
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - TUMORS - Ovaries
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - TUMORS - Ovaries – cysts
SKIN - ERUPTIONS - papular - itching
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - meat - aversion
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - mutton - agg.
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - mutton - aversion
GENERALS - HEAT - flushes of
GENERALS - HEAT - flushes of - menopause; during
GENERALS - INJURIES - operation - ailments from - Ovaries; excision of the
GENERALS - MENOPAUSE
GENERALS - OLD AGE - old people; in
GENERALS - OLD AGE - senile decay
1. Clarke J. H., Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica, Published by B. Jains Pub, New Delhi.
2. Schroyens Frederick, 1001 Small Remedies, Published by Homeopathic Book Publishers, London.
3. Faroakh J Master, Diseases of the Skin, Published by B. Jains Pub, N. D.
4. Krishan Kumar P, The Women, Female Problems and their Cure, Pub by B. Jains.
5. Repertory, Synthesis 9.1 (RADAR 10)
6. Complete Rep, Franz Zandwoort (RADAR)
7. Combined Repertory (ISIS 2.00.0006) Miccant Control Centre.
8. Reversed Combined Rep (ISIS 2.00.0006) Miccant Control Centre.
9. Robin Murphy, Lotus Materia Medica, Published by B.Jains Publishers, N.D.
10. Frans Vermeulen, Concordant Materia Medica., Pub by B. Jains, N.D.